Monday, March 16, 2009

Some Predictions...

Independent Reading, Post #6
I'm currently at the beginning of Chapter 10 in Part One. Sal, Tim, Babe, and their friends are just returning to Denver from their interesting excursion in the mountains. This trip, however, was like nothing they expected. They had many personal problems, and even got into public brawls. Their nonstop partying didn't make them happier- in fact, it caused most of the problems. Sal reflects on the morning they leave like this: "Everything seemed to be collapsing. As we were going out to the car Babe slipped and fell flat on her face...The sad ride back to Denver began." (page 56)
Dean and Carlo are nowhere to be found, and it is clear that Sal's beginning to become annoyed. I predict major problems in their friendship, along with problems with this group of friends in general. I think that they will split up partially or even splinter entirely. They cannot coexist peacefully in these sort of circumstances.

No comments: